Hello and welcome!
I’m an actor, writer, musician and teaching artist based in Durham, NC. Currently making noise in the punk group Cold Cream. Voice actor with SoundTrax, and volunteer with NC Reading Service, a nonprofit that broadcasts narration of periodicals to people with visual or print impairments. Blogger and creative workshop facilitator for Artist Soapbox. Writer for the Soapbox Audio Collective, currently at work on the serial audio drama JESUS PANCAKE. See below for ASBX resource links.
no music/no theater for now e v e r y o n e s t a y s a f e
Do you need mental health support?
Blog posts and podcast episode about the Creative Accountability Group:
- Take your work seriously: put Creative Resistance on notice!
- Better Together: A Creative Accountability Group debrief with Mara and Tamara
- Ask WHY to create opportunities for compassion
- Map your dreams
Blog posts about creativity resources:
- Cleaning house: Making space for creativity
- Nourish your creative self: Give your creative self a lift with something beautiful
- The importance of physical practice: Get out of your head and into your body
- Running toward creativity: another about physical practice
- Community Building
- Preparing for a creative residency
- Processing a milestone
Blog posts about creative obstructions that present themselves when you’re on your creative path:
- Impostor Syndrome: Who do I think I am? Why even try?
- Perfectionism: I’m so afraid that my creation will not be perfect that I never actually do it.
- And another one about perfectionism!
- Comparison: I’ll never be as good as that person. I should probably quit.
- Distraction: I’ve convinced myself that all these other things have priority over my creativity.
- Reclaiming creative identity after a loss
- The Creative Vacuum